Heartsaver® First Aid-CPR-AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
Note: This course is given regularly throughout the year only by experienced and distinguished Emergency Medical personnel that currently work in the field. They teach the course in a way that only they can teach it! I
Who should take this course?
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
Anyone taking our Bodyguard Certification or any Advanced Security Guard Certification Courses through the Public Safety Training Council of America (PSTCOA) must take this three-way certification course
• Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• First aid basics
• Medical emergencies
• Injury emergencies
• Environmental emergencies
• Adult CPR and AED use
• Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
• Written test (optional except for Bodyguard or advanced PSTCOA Security Guard training courses)
• Video-based course ensures consistency • Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency • Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses• Course is updated with the new science
• Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
• During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid, CPR and AED skills practice and testing.
• Our fee for this 3-way certification is $90.